Thursday, November 6, 2008

How Could God Do This to Us?

Everyday I check my mail. Wondering what I will would get. Like all of us we want something good, something that can benefit us for eternity. I received an email from Desiring God, written by John Piper. Everyday I think of the Sovereignty of God. Everyday I get more and more in awe. I get these mixed feelings of confusion and humility. This could only bring one to their knees. If not, too tears, if not that, make sure you are right with God.
Everyday I thank God for His Sovereignty. Everyday I thank Him for being Faithful to me, even when I’m not. This was a really hard thing to say at first, “Lord, thank You for being Faithful to me.” Especially when I have fallen face first into sin and know that without Jesus Christ I’m nothing but a dead man. “Lord, thank You for being Faithful to me.” Oh, how much that hurts and oh, how good it feels. To know that the Living God, the Living Christ is Faithful to us, for what? For His Glory!
God is Merciful more than we can imagine, how that brings me to tears. WHY.....for His Glory! The Lord is Faithful, yes indeed. The following is the indirect email I got from John Piper:

How Could God Do This to Us?
Posted: 01 Nov 2008 02:34 AM CDT
(Author: John Piper)
Thursday in Minneapolis it was so gorgeous walking home I thought: I should write a post on how astonishing it is that no earthquake swallowed up this city today.
Instead God sent warmth and crystal skies and cool breezes and golden leaves and hanging sea gulls over Elliot Park.
Amazing. Absolutely amazing!
We deserved the 52-story IDS tower to fall, and bridges to collapse, and poisonous gas to kill thousands. But instead God gave us over-the-top foretastes of heaven.
This is why everyone is crying out, where was God on Thursday! Where were you God! How could you do this? Why did you let this happen?
Everybody is saying that, aren't they?

Lord, thank You for being Faithful! Here’s a prayer I feel I should say:

Father, I thank You that we are able to come before you. Something we don’t deserve, but whom do we have in Heaven but Jesus Christ. I thank You for bringing us home safely; instead we could be died on the side of the road. Thank You for being Faithful and helping me stay away from sin that hinders my walk with You. I’m humbled by the smallest things, because You are at work in everything (Romans 8:28). For every sun ray and every drop of rain, there You are. For every smiling, for every distress, there you are. All for Your Glory. Father, thank You for being Faithful to us with every little thing and big thing. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Remember “we are the laborers and God is Sovereign.” Like in Romans 8:28 everything happens for a reason, and it happens for the Glory of God. God Bless.

No comments: